At Queck & Associates, we're always looking for motivated people who possess a sense of commitment and pride.
We are seeking an associate lawyer with 2-5 years experience (or more) in either Family Law, Wills & Estates, or Civil Litigation. Experience in other areas is an added bonus.
The successful candidate should have excellent client management skills, courtroom experience, and file management skills, as well as understanding of billing procedures, practices, and policies within a firm setting. An existing client list and practice that can be transferred is also an asset.
The successful candidate would have the benefit of working at a highly regarded and well-known family firm with direct mentorship available throughout their tenure at the firm. This is something we pride ourselves on and look to help our team grow and thrive in all aspects of litigation and advocacy.
Our firm is located on the western edge of Sherwood Park, only a 20-minute drive from downtown and easily accessible from the Anthony Henday. Being located outside of Edmonton proper has many benefits, including free parking for staff and clients, a quiet location, and many amenities nearby.
If you are looking to join a team of Family Lawyers, have interest in other areas of law, and want to learn from experienced lawyers, please feel free to reach out and apply for a position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended Health Benefits (Sunlife)
- Ability to work remotely
- Company events/team building
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Law Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Licence to practice Law in Alberta - Lawyer in good standing
- Legal experience of two (2) years of more
- Evaluate and action client matters in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Work diligently and in good faith on behalf of clients (both those of the particular lawyer and
the firm in general).
- Provide appropriate and accurate legal advice to clients.
- Provide competent and efficient service to clients, including communicating with clients/others and handling matters in a timely manner.
- Work on your own and with legal administrative staff to prepare and draft required legal
- Work with legal administrative staff to complete billing of client files monthly or as necessary.
- Work a minimum of 1200 billable hours annually.
- Follow firm policies and procedures.
- Maintain a respectful and collegial relationship with all levels of Court and other counsel.
- Follow all expected guidelines for Conduct as outlined by the Courts and the Law Society and maintain your Law Society of Alberta membership in good standing.
- Priority Setting and Time Management – Able to effectively balance resources and establish
priorities and manage deadlines.
- Self-Motivating – Can work diligently either in an office setting or remotely when required.
- File Management – Able to effectively strategize and move a file towards completion as well as handle multiple ongoing matters with ease.
- Client Management – Establish and maintain supportive and valuable solicitor-client relationships and manage client expectations.
- Communication (inter-office) – Able to provide effective and clear instructions to administrative staff to accomplish tasks (either verbally or in writing).
- Communication – Able to communicate effectively in writing, or verbally, to other counsel and to the Court on behalf of clients.
- Interpersonal Relations – Establish and maintain constructive and effective relationships with other team members within the firm and also with those outside the firm.
- Technology – comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing technology, and accounting software for lawyers (PC Law experience is an asset).
Why Work with Us?
Queck & Associates is made up of diverse individuals with a variety of personalities who all share the desire for a balanced work life.
We strive to cultivate a more positive, comfortable atmosphere for all through the facilitation and encouragement of positive day-to-day practices and social interactions.
Our management team understands that life happens. Within our workplace model, we offer accessibility to our employees by working to accommodate the schedules and personal priorities of our people. We even allow staff to bring their pets to work!
Together, the individuals within our office have significant accumulated experience & knowledge. We are available to offer feedback and provide advice to help balance out the stress and burden of your legal career.
Our Application and Recruitment Process.
Application & Review
Interview and Hiring
Offering and Onboarding
Ready to make your mark?
Your aspirations and initiatives make Queck & Associates better. We have the opportunities to help support you on your career journey.